Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live".

“Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance
and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives...
and to the "good life", whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.”

- Hunter S. Thompson

These days inspiration is trying to make its way between an unstable present and an intoxicating reality.
Meanwhile, i find comfort sailing in a sea of pleasures like books, fashion, wine, music, movies, muses, poetry, warm kisses and falling stars.
When seasons change, waves crash, winds blow harder, we realise we are just crooked souls trying to stay up straight when the day is over.
Sometimes, i think it would be much better if i was a fictional character with a written script of my life... but then again, when i think it over, i realise it´s much better if i write my own lines, even if it takes me some time. I´m a slave to my emotions, my likes, my dislikes, my passions, my smiles, my tears, my mistakes, to most of my desires and i know i want them all on my script because they remind me of who i am. Let´s see if i can work on the permanent delete of the words ´fear´and ´anxiety´ and make them fade away like the smoke of rose incense sticks once and for all.

I figured if we can´t escape reality, we should buy her a drink and toast to "the good life"!
´It´s all happening´, remember?.
It´s up to us to see the magic surrounding us.

No comments:

Post a Comment